You will require this licence if you intend to carry out a gas-fitting service. There are various classes of licences available to gasfitters, these include:
- Advanced gasfitting work that is other than LP gas (liquid phase) installation, without supervision;
- General gasfitting work for pressures below 21kPa without supervision or gasfitting work for pressures above 21kPa under the supervision of an advanced gasfitter;
- Journeyperson gasfitting work under the general supervision of a licensee with an advanced gasfitters licence or unrestricted licence;
- LPG gasfitter (vapour phase);
- LPG gasfitter (liquid phase);
- Restricted automotive-LPG gasfitter undertaking LP gas fuel installation on motor vehicles;
- Restricted automotive-NGV gasfitter undertaking NGV fuel installation on motor vehicles;
- Restricted automotive-LPG forklift gasfitter for LPG forklifts; or
- Restricted automotive-NGV forklift gasfitter for NGV forklifts.
Please use the contact details below to find out more information.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
To be eligible for this licence you must not be suspended from holding a construction occupation licence in any class. If you are applying for a licence that would allow the provision of a construction service without supervision, then you must:
- Not have been found guilty of an offence that involves fraud or dishonesty; and
- Not have been found guilty of an offence that is punishable by imprisonment for at least 1 year.
For information on the qualifications required for the class of construction occupation you intend to apply to, please refer to the Construction Occupations (Licensing) (Mandatory Qualifications) Declaration. Please note that it is now a requirement for gasfitters to undertake an approved course in asbestos awareness. If you hold a current equivalent licence in another Australian State or Territory, you may be eligible to apply for this registration under mutual recognition arrangements.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.
A licensee must give the registrar written notice of the following events or circumstances:
- If the licensee becomes bankrupt or personally insolvent;
the licensee is found guilty, whether in the ACT or anywhere else, of
an offence that involves fraud, dishonesty or violence, and is
punishable by imprisonment for at least one year; or
- If the licensee is not insured for a construction occupation or occupation class in accordance with the regulation.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding ongoing eligibility requirements.
As specified on the licence.
Individual in person or postal.
Partnership or Corporation in person or postal.
Partnership or Corporation online.
Please lodge your application directly with the Agency.
Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development Directorate
Construction Occupations (Licensing) Act 2004 (Australian Capital Territory)
Construction Occupations (Licensing) Regulation 2004 (Australian Capital Territory)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon