You will be required to apply for this approval if you intend to provide private non-government ambulance, emergency, firefighting or rescue services, these include services:
- For the protection of life, property and the environment from fire; and
- Involving pre-hospital patient care, including transport of patients by ambulance or medical rescue aircraft.
You will also be required to apply for this approval if you intend to provide response operations for:
- Hazardous material, chemical, biological or radiological incidents; and
- Storms and floods.
Please use the contact details below to find out more information.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
To be eligible for this approval you must satisfy the Agency that the service you intend to provide:
- Is in the public interest;
- Will not negatively impact on community health and safety; and
- Will help to preserve life, property and the environment.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.
The commissioner may:
- Make guidelines for the strategic operation of each of the emergency services;
- Make standards relating to requirements under the strategic bushfire management plan; and
- Issue a permit, in writing, to a person to light, maintain or use a fire, use fireworks, or undertake a high risk activity during a total fire ban.
An application for such a permit must state the:
- Location of the proposed activity;
- Nature of the proposed activity;
- Date and time of the proposed activity; and
- Safety precautions to be undertaken in relation to the proposed activity.
Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.
Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development Directorate
Emergencies Act 2004 (Australian Capital Territory)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon