If you intend to construct a new pipeline, or construction has already commenced, you may apply for this determination if you want to have a 15-year period where no economic sanctions are placed on your gas pipeline.
Please use the contact details below to find out more information.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
To be eligible for this determination you must provide:
- A short description, and map, that identifies your pipeline and its route along with a website address where this information is available;
- A statement detailing why your project should be seen as the development of an undeveloped area;
- Estimates of expenditure that has, or will be, incurred during the pipelines construction and details of how these estimates were calculated;
- Estimates of the pipelines capacity and the extent to which you, and any associates, will utilise the pipeline;
- A statement of the services you will provide through the pipeline;
- A statement of the location your pipeline will serve and other sources of natural gas available;
- A statement detailing all existing, and proposed, pipelines within 100km of the course of your pipeline;
- Estimates of the reserves of natural gas that your pipeline will serve;
- Estimates of demand along the route of your pipeline;
- The identity and interests of all parties involved in your pipeline;
- A statement of whether it is feasible to expand the capacity of your pipeline and, if so, an explanation of how this would be conducted and the cost involved;
- An estimate of annual cost of operating the pipeline; and
- Any other information you consider is relevant to your application.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.
Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.
Application for 15-year No-coverage Determination for Proposed Pipeline - Please consult the Contact Officer for information on forms to be submitted.
Australian Energy Market Commission
National Gas (ACT) Act 2008 (Australian Capital Territory)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon