You will require this licence if you are a licensed race bookmaker and you intend to have another person act as an agent on your behalf. Race bookmaker's agents are authorised to accept bets on behalf of a race bookmaker licence holder.
Please use the contact details below to find out more information.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
To be eligible for this licence you must:
- Have a reputation for sound business conduct;
- Have a reputation for sound character;
- Have a satisfactory financial position and financial background;
- Have not, within five years before applying, been convicted or found guilty of an offence against any gaming laws;
- Have not been convicted or found guilty (in Australia or a foreign country) of an offence punishable by death or imprisonment;
- Have not, at any time, associated, or entered into any business or financial arrangements, with a person who has a reputation for unsound business conduct or unsound character;
- Complete the application form; and
- Pay any fees.
The application must include an authorisation, signed by the nominated person, consenting to:
- being nominated in the application; and
- a police officer checking the nominated person's criminal record and reporting the results of the check to the commission.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.
A licence is issued for a maximum period of 3 years.
Licences expire on 30 June.
Your application should be accompanied by:
- A passport-sized photograph, taken within the last year, signed on the reverse side by a person who has the legal authority to do so. The statement on the reverse side of the photograph should read "This is a true likeness of you" and be signed by the authorised person;
- Fingerprints and palm prints taken by a police officer at a police station ; and
- A certified true copy of your current driver's licence, passport and full birth certificate.
At least 30 days.
ACT Gambling and Racing Commission
Race and Sports Bookmaking Act 2001 (Australian Capital Territory)
Race and Sports Bookmaking Regulation 2001 (Australian Capital Territory)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon