Approval for Young People's Event in Adults-only Area at Licensed Premises - Australian Capital Territory

Service summary

You will require this approval if you intend to conduct an event for young people in an adults-only area of a licensed premises. A young person is defined as someone aged between 13 and 17 years of age.

Please use the contact details below to find out more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this approval you must:

  • Submit this application at least ninety days prior to the event date
  • Provide details of the event such as the date, the start and end time and names of the people working at the event
  • Provide further documentation if required.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.





You must submit your application in writing and must be accompanied with a recent police check of all the people who will be working, whether paid or volunteering, at the event. The police checks must be issued no later than three months before the application.

Administering agency

Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development Directorate
Access Canberra

Act(s) name

Liquor Act 2010 (Australian Capital Territory)

Contact details

Enquiries, Liquor Licensing and Permits
Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development Directorate
Access Canberra

Mailing address:
General Post Office Box 158
Canberra,Australian Capital Territory,2601


13 22 81


02 6207 4000


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.