You will require this approval if you intend to provide education services in the Australian Capital Territory for students with disabilities. Services may be conducted as a stand-alone school program or integrated within a regular school system.
Please use the contact details below to find out more information.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
To be eligible for this approval you must:
- Have premises and equipment that comply with any relevant Territory laws regarding health and safety standards;
- Provide education that is satisfactory for the educational levels for which approval is being sought;
- Have teaching staff that will be efficient and effective; and
- Have a disciplinary policy that will not allow corporal punishment.
Additionally, you will also be required to provide the following documentation:
- Inspection report of the buildings and facilities;
- Teacher qualifications and allocation;
- Proof of staff background checks;
- Student enrolment records;
- Organisational structure of the specialist education provider;
- Intended curriculum and educational program; and
- An audit report showing proving that the your program is financially viable.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.
As specified on the approval.
You do not need to pay any fees.
Application for Approval to Provide Specialist Education - Please consult the Contact Officer for information on forms to be submitted.
Training and Tertiary Education
Board of Senior Secondary Studies Act 1997 (Australian Capital Territory)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon