In order to breed horses intended for harness racing, each horse involved in the breeding must have a studmaster. You will require this licence if you intend to operate as a studmaster.
This licence allows you to:
- Take responsibility for the care and control of horses at a stud; and
- Take responsibility for breeding activities at a stud, other than those for which an artificial breeding technician is responsible.
Please be aware that:
- All horses intended for breeding must be registered; and
- You must comply with the specified rules and your licence may be subject to conditions.
Please use the contact details below to find out more information.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
To be eligible for this licence you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Submit the application form;
- Pay the required fee; and
- Provide all relevant documentation required by the Agency.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.
Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.
Racing Act 1999 (Australian Capital Territory)
Australian Harness Racing Rules (Australian Capital Territory)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon