You will require this registration if you intend to use a premises to hold, assemble or prepare livestock for export. This registration is required for any premises that holds or prepares live animals for export from Australia.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
To be eligible for this registration you must provide the following:
- An accurate map or plan clearly showing the location, boundaries and topography of the premises in relation to adjoining property;
- Detailed plans and specifications of the premises showing fences, water and feed troughs, shelters, drainage, food and water storage, isolation areas and entry and access points;
- A copy of an operations manual;
- Evidence that the applicant has control of the day-to-day operation of the premises and has any approval or licence necessary to operate the premises from the responsible State and Territory authority;
- The proposed species, and class or classes, of live-stock that the applicant proposes to prepare at the premises;
- The greatest number of live-stock that the applicant proposes to hold and assemble at the premise at the one time (and, if the live-stock will not all be of the same species, the greatest number of each species);
- The months of operation which the premises are proposed to be used to hold and assemble live-stock for export;
- Meteorological evidence regarding the weather in the area of the premises during the months of operation; and
- Evidence showing that there is adequate shelter on the premises for live-stock during the months of operation; and
- A declaration that the operations manual and premises are unchanged if renewing premises registration.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.
1 year or as specified on the notice of registration.
Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.
Department of Agriculture and Water Resources
Export Control Act 1982 (Australian Government)
Export Control (Animals) Order 2004 (Australian Government)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon