You will require a permit if you intend to undertake certain activities on Aboriginal land in the Southern half of the Northern Territory.
The following permits are available:
- Entry access;
- Transit on non-public roads;
- Media permit; and
- Special purposes such as research, environmental activities, filming and commercial projects or other work on Aboriginal land and/or with Aboriginal communities.
You will not require a permit if you are:
- Visiting the public areas of a community and not staying overnight;
- A government worker entering Aboriginal land for the purposes of your work; or
- A contractor to the government working in communities. However, an entry permit is required for work on Aboriginal land outside communities (including outstations).
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
Please consult directly with the Contact Officer for information on any eligibility requirements.
There are no fees for any of the permits.
Aboriginal Land Rights (Northern Territory) Act 1976 (Australian Government)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon