You will require this permit if you intend to use agricultural or veterinary chemical products in a way that would otherwise be illegal or restricted.
This permit may be issued for the following types of reasons:
- A minor use, such as the use of an unregistered chemical on a specialty crop grown or on an animal raised by only a few producers on a small scale;
- Use the chemical product at a rate higher than the maximum rate on the label for that use;
- Use the chemical product more frequently than the use intervals specified on the label for that use;
- Use the chemical product contrary to a specific restraint statement on the product label (e.g. Do NOT apply by air);
- An emergency use, such as the use of an unregistered product to control a contagious disease for which no registered product exists; or
- Research purposes.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
Please consult with the Contact Officer for information on any eligibility requirements.
As specified on the permit.
Fees will vary depending on your circumstances. Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.
Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority
Registration Management and Enquiries
Agricultural and Veterinary Chemicals Code Act 1994 (Australian Government)
Agricultural and Veterinary Chemicals Code Regulations 1995 (Australian Government)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon