Authorisation to Self-Accredit Courses of Study - Australian Government

Service summary

You will require this authorisation if you are a registered higher education provider and intend to self-accredit one or more courses of study.

A registered higher education provider can apply for a self-accrediting authority which effectively allows them to accredit new courses as they develop them.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this authorisation you must:

  • Be a registered higher education provider; or
  • Registered in the Australian university provider category;.

You must also be established by a law of the Commonwealth, a State or Territory or registered as a company.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


As specified on the authorisation.



Fees are listed on the attached document.

Other resources

Comply Fee Determination Opens in a new browser window

Administering agency

Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency

Act(s) name

Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency Act 2011 (Australian Government)

Regulation(s) name

Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2011 (Australian Government)

Contact details

General Enquiries
Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency

Mailing address:
TEQSA GPO Box 1672
Victoria 3001





Supporting information


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.