You will require this approval if you intend to provide aged care services and receive payments of subsidy from the Government. Aged care approval can be for one or more types of care:
- Residential (you must also attain accreditation to receive subsidies for residential care);
- Community; and
It should be noted that, to receive a subsidy you must be allocated a subsidy place by the Agency and then submit an application to receive a subsidy. All locations of places for approved aged care providers are allocated by the Agency and must be applied for.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
To be eligible for this approval, you must:
- Intend to operate as an incorporated body;
- Be suitable to provide aged care;
- Ensure that none of your proposed key personnel is a disqualified individual; and
- Ensure the application is made on the approved form and accompanied by any further documentation as required.
A disqualified individual is any individual that:
- Has been convicted;
- Has been in management capacity with a body corporate that is or has been under external administration on grounds of insolvency;
- Is insolvent under administration; or
- Is of unsound mind as deemed by a medical practitioner.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.
Ongoing unless revoked.
Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.
Department of Social Services
Ageing and Aged Care
Aged Care Act 1997 (Australian Government)
Approved Provider Principles 2014 (Australian Government)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon