You will be required to comply with these orders and minimum performance standards if you intend to manufacture, design, install or repair specified articles, such as materials, parts, processes and appliances used on civil aircraft.
The minimum performance standard must meet an acceptable level of safety for the article. These orders outline guidelines for:
- Flight Data Recorder Interface Units
- Restraint System Automated Release Devices
- Airborne Mode A/C Transponder Equipment with Extended Squitter Automatic Dependent Surveillance - Broadcast (ADS-B) Transmission Capability
- Airborne Stand-Alone Extended Squitter Automatic Dependent Surveillance - Broadcast (ADS-B) Transmit Only Equipment
- Air Traffic Control Radar Beacon System / Mode Select (ATCRBS/MODE S) Airborne Equipment
- Helicopter External Personnel Lifting Devices
- Airborne ATC Transponder Equipment
- Refrigerated Cargo Unit Load Container
- Life Preservers
- Dispatcher's Restraint Strap.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be required.
Code of Practice
A code of practice can be either a legal requirement or non-legal requirement. Legal codes of practice are defined as a result of legislation. Non-legal codes of practice are defined by industry regulators and bodies.
Civil Aviation Safety Authority
Civil Aviation Act 1988 (Australian Government)
Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998 (Australian Government)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon