You will be required to comply with this code if you broadcast commercial television programs.
The code applies to all television broadcasting licensees and covers:
- Program, commercials, and program promotion classification
- Advertising time on television
- Special care protections to enable viewers to manage their own and children's viewing experience
- Accuracy, fairness and privacy in news and current affairs
- Disclosure of commercial arrangements in factual programming
- Loudness of advertisements
- Complaints handling
- Dislike, contempt, or ridicule on grounds of age, colour, gender, national or ethnic origin, disability, race, religion or sexual preference.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be required.
Code of Practice
A code of practice can be either a legal requirement or non-legal requirement. Legal codes of practice are defined as a result of legislation. Non-legal codes of practice are defined by industry regulators and bodies.
Content, Consumer and Citizen
Broadcasting Services Act 1992 (Australian Government)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon