Anindilyakawa Land Council Permits - Australian Government

Service summary

You will require a permit if you intend to undertake certain activities on the Aboriginal Land in Groote Eylandt on the Eastern side of the Northern Territory.

The following permits are available:

  • Work Permit;
  • Research Permit;
  • Recreational Permit; or
  • Liquor Permit.

Residents and visitors must have a recreational permit to go on off-lease areas. Permits are required to visit all other restricted areas on Groote Eylandt.

The following areas are allowed to be visited without a recreational permit:

  • GEMCO Mine sites;
  • Groote Eylandt Airport;
  • Rowell Highway; or
  • Alyangula town.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.



Recreational permit: $50 per person aged 15 years and over.

Administering agency

Anindilyakwa Land Council

Act(s) name

Aboriginal Land Rights (Northern Territory) Act 1976 (Australian Government)

Contact details

Anindilyakwa Land Council

Operating address:
Pole 13 Rowell Hwy
Northern Territory 0885
Mailing address:
PO BOX 111
Alyangula, Northern Territory 0885


08 89876703

Supporting information


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.