You will require this permit if you intend to export meat or live animals such as cattle, sheep, goats, deer, buffalo and camels.
Livestock that is exported under this licence must be fit for human consumption. An exporter must apply for a separate approval for each consignment to be exported.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
To be eligible for this licence you must:
- Provide evidence that all applicants are of sound financial standing and possess the necessary competence and integrity required to operate within the industry;
- If applying as a body corporate, supply confirmation of incorporation; or
- If applying as an individual, supply an audited statement of your assets and liabilities; and
- State the type of livestock to be exported and the mode of transport to be used.
Please note that:
- Other documentation may be required as part of your application; and
- Different requirements may apply depending on the breed of animal to be exported.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.
Between one to five years.
Further fees may apply. Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.
Department of Agriculture and Water Resources
Australian Meat and Live-stock Industry Act 1997 (Australian Government)
Australian Meat and Live-Stock Industry (Export Licensing) Regulations 1998 (Australian Government)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon