You will require this approval if you intend to engage in the maintenance of aircraft or their components.
This approval will allow you to be involved in any stage of design, distribution or maintenance of aircraft, aircraft components or aircraft materials, or in the training of examination candidates for such work. It covers the following activities:
- maintenance of aircraft, aircraft airframe, components, aircraft engine components or engine sub-components, aircraft electrical components, aircraft instrument components, aircraft radio components and propellers
- specialised maintenance of aircraft materials
- specialised maintenance of tasks on aircraft or components
- distribution of aviation products.
Individuals or organisations may apply for approval.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
To be eligible for this licence you must:
- provide details of the location where the activities will be carried out
- provide details of the proposed activities and who your maintenance personnel are
- outline your relevant qualifications and experience and those of your personnel
- specify the facilities and equipment available to you for the carrying out of the activities
- specify your arrangements that ensure you will continue to receive information necessary for the carrying out of those activities
- have in place a system of quality control that meets the Agency's requirements
- ensure that your application is signed by yourself, a member of your firm or the Public Officer of your company.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.
As specified on the certificate.
Fees vary depending on individual circumstances. Please consult the Contact Officer for fee information.
Civil Aviation Safety Authority
Civil Aviation Act 1988 (Australian Government)
Civil Aviation Regulations 1988 (Australian Government)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon