You will require this accreditation if you intend to act as a radiocommunications certifier. A radiocommunications certifier is authorised to issue:
- Frequency assignment certificates;
- Certificates that state the operation of a radiocommunications transmitter under a spectrum licence is compliant with regulations; and / or
- Interference Impact Certificates.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
To be eligible to receive this accreditation you must provide:
- Your personal details;
- Details pertaining to your educational qualifications;
- Details pertaining to your work history;
- Details of all referees for the application;
- A Deed of Indemnity with your application.
You must hold an Associate Diploma granted by an Australian or New Zealand TAFE institution, a significant component of which relates to radiofrequency communications. You may also hold an equivalent qualifications including:
- A comparable overseas qualification recognised by the National Office of Overseas Skills Recognition;
- A competency assessment; or
- Relevant experience and training that would be acceptable for a technical appointment with the Australian Public Service.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.
As specified on the accreditation.
Department of Communications and the Arts
Australian Communications and Media Authority
Radiocommunications Act 1992 (Australian Government)
Radiocommunications (Accreditation Prescribed Certificates) Principles 2014 (Australian Government)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon