You will require this registration if you operate a business that security clears, handles or arranges for the transport of international and domestic air cargo that has been security cleared. Regulated Air Cargo Agents (RACAs) include:
- Couriers, freight forwarders and cargo agents
- Cargo terminal operators at airports
- Express post services
- Regular international postal services
- Truck drivers who transport air cargo between cargo terminals.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
To be eligible for this registration you must provide:
- Details of the name of your company, Australian Company Number (ACN) if applying as a company and business registration;
- The name of the partnership and the full name of each partner if applying as a partnership;
- The name of your association and the full name of each member of the association if applying as an unincorporated association or your full name if applying as an individual;
- Your postal address, street address, telephone number, fax number and email address of your principal office in Australia and each of your sites in Australia that will be covered by your Transport Security Program; and
- Details of any previous RACA designation or other accreditation and, if the designation or accreditation had been revoked, the reasons for the revocation.
You will also be required to complete a Transport Security Program, a Security Risk Assessment and a Statement of Undertaking.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.
As specified on the registration.
Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.
Aviation Transport Security Act 2004 (Australian Government)
Aviation Transport Security Regulations 2005 (Australian Government)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon