You must comply with this code if you are the operator of a Regulated Australian Vessel, or if you are the operator of a foreign vessel that is:
- In an Australian port;
- Entering or leaving an Australian port;
- In the internal waters of Australia; or
- In the territorial sea of Australia, other than during the course of innocent passage.
You must comply with one of the following standards for all gas and oxygen cylinders on board a vessel:
- ISO 14113:2007 (Gas Welding Equipment. Rubber and Plastics Hose and Hose Assemblies for Use With Industrial Gases up to 450 bar (45 MPa);
- ISO 2503:1998 (Gas Welding Equipment. Pressure Regulators for Gas Cylinders Used in Welding, Cutting and Allied Processes up to 300 bar);
- ISO 9090: 1989 (Gas Tightness of Equipment for Gas Welding and Allied Processes);
- ISO 9539:2010 (Gas Welding Equipment Materials for Equipment Used in Gas Welding, Cutting and Allied Processes); or
- AS 2030 (Gas cylinders) - The Verification, Filling, Inspection, Testing and Maintenance of Cylinders for Storage and Transport of Compressed Gases - Cylinders for Compressed Gases Other than Acetylene.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) that may be required.
Code of Practice
A code of practice can be either a legal requirement or non-legal requirement. Legal codes of practice are defined as a result of legislation. Non-legal codes of practice are defined by industry regulators and bodies.
Australian Maritime Safety Authority
Navigation Safety & International Division
Navigation Act 2012 (Australian Government)
Navigation Regulations 2013 (Australian Government)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon