You will require this approval if you intend to operate as an educational or training facility that provides approved continuing professional development (CPD) to migration agents. All CPD providers must be approved by the Authority before they can submit CPD activity applications for consideration.
CPD Providers must also comply with the Continuing Professional Development Approved Provider Standard Conditions, which covers areas such as:
- The approval of CPD activities;
- Provider policies and procedures; and
- Staff, trainers, developers, facilitators and assessors of CPD activities.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
To be eligible for this approval you must:
- Satisfy the Agency that the activity/training will help improve the professionalism of registered migration agents, including their knowledge of migration procedures, professional ethics and relevant skills;
- You have practical experience or academic qualifications in the subject matter of the activity;
- Have agreed in writing to comply with the Continuing Professional Development Approved Provider Standard Conditions; and
- Be of good character and reputation.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.
Please consult the Contact Officer for information on the duration of this licence.
Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.
Department of Immigration and Border Protection
Visa and Citizenship Services
Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority
Migration Act 1958 (Australian Government)
Migration Agents Regulations 1998 (Australian Government)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon