You will be required to apply for this registration if you intend to operate an aerodrome that has a runway that can only support aircraft have a maximum:
- passenger seating capacity of less than 30 seats; and
- carrying capacity of less than 3,400 kilograms.
If you operate an aerodrome that is over the above mentioned capacity limits then you will need to apply for certification rather than registration.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
To be eligible for this registration you must:
- Provide a written statement that is signed by an approved person stating that they have performed a safety inspection and the aerodrome meets the applicable safety standards for operation; and
- Provide the name of all persons that are to be the reporting officers for the aerodrome.
You will also be required to provide detailed diagrams and information stating:
- The layout of runways, their designations (runway numbers) and the length of the runway in metres;
- The layout of taxiways and aprons;
- The location of all wind direction indicators;
- The highest point of the landing surface; and
- The magnetic bearing and distance to the nearest population centre, and what that centre is.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.
Ongoing unless cancelled.
Fees vary depending on individual circumstances. Please consult the Contact Officer for fee information.
Application for Registration of an Aerodrome - Please consult the Contact Officer for information on forms to be submitted.
Civil Aviation Safety Authority
Airspace and Aerodrome Regulation
Civil Aviation Act 1988 (Australian Government)
Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998 (Australian Government)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon