You will require these certificates if you are the operator of a regulated Australian vessel, domestic commercial vessel or a recreational vessel that has Australian nationality.
There are several kinds of pollution certificates:
- EIAPP Certificate (Engine International Air Pollution Prevention Certificate). Each diesel engine installed on a vessel will require an EIAPP Certificate;
- IAPP Certificate (International Air Pollution Prevention Certificate); and
- IEE Certificate (International Energy Efficiency Certificate).
Please consult the contact officer for more information.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
To be eligible for this licence you must:
- Fill out the necessary application;
- Ensure your vessel is operating in accordance to the criteria prescribed by the regulations; and
- Ensure that if any modification is made to your vessel that you have notified the Agency.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.
Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.
Application for Pollution Certificate - Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.
Australian Maritime Safety Authority
Marine Environment Division
Navigation Act 2012 (Australian Government)
Navigation Regulations 2013 (Australian Government)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon