You will require this certificate if you intend to export chemical products to certain countries. Before accepting products from Australia, these countries may require an assurance from the Australian government stating that the export chemical is suitable for supply and use.
This certificate makes a declaration about the formulation, or registration status of the product according to the importing country's requirements.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
To be eligible for this certificate your application must include:
- product name
- registration number of the product (if applicable to the request)
- registration holder's name and address details (if applicable to the request)
- name and manufacturing site address of the company that manufactures the product
- APVMA manufacturer?s licence number (if applicable to the request)
- active constituents that appear on the label for the product
- full formulation of the product
- where the certificate request relates to an unregistered product, evidence of a valid export permit the number of certificates required
- whether Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) authentication is required
- if DFAT authentication is required, the name(s) of the destination country or countries.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.
As specified on the certificate.
Standard fee $125; Further technical or scientific assessment $105.
Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority
Registration Management and Enquiries
Agricultural and Veterinary Chemicals (Administration) Act 1992 (Australian Government)
Agricultural and Veterinary Chemicals (Administration) Regulations 1995 (Australian Government)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon