Application to Disconnect Water and Sewerage Services - New South Wales

Service summary

You will require this approval if you intend to disconnect from a water supply or sewerage service operated by the Hunter Water Corporation. You may be required to have your disconnections inspected by Hunter Water.

Please use the contact details below or consult Hunter Water to find out more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

You may disconnect from Hunter Water's services if you have:

  • Complied with all applicable health, environmental and local council regulatory requirements;
  • Provide Hunter Water with any information they may reasonably require;
  • Returned the water meter (if disconnecting water);
  • Submitted an application form and booked an inspection date; and
  • Used a licensed plumber.

Please consult with the Contact Officer for information on any eligibility requirements.



Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.



Application to Disconnect Water and Sewerage Services - Please consult the Contact Officer for information on forms to be submitted.

Administering agency

Port Stephens Council

Act(s) name

Hunter Water Act 1994 (New South Wales)

Regulation(s) name

Hunter Water Regulations 2015 (New South Wales)

Contact details

Enquiries Officer
Port Stephens Council

Operating address:
116 Adelaide Street
Raymond Terrace
NSW 2324
Mailing address:
Raymond Terrace, New South Wales 2324


02 4980 0255


02 4987 3612


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.