Clearing Licence (Forestry) - New South Wales

Service summary

You will require this licence if you intend to clear timber on Crown-timber land. Clearing includes ringbarking or to otherwise kill or destroy trees.

Crown-timber land includes:

  • specific dedicated land within a State forest or flora reserve
  • crown land (whether or not held under a lease or licence from the Crown and whether or not included in a timber reserve)
  • land affected by a profit a prendre (see schedule 1 of the Act for details of what this includes).

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information on the specific details of what land constitutes as Crown-timber land and for more information on this licence.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult directly with the Contact Officer for information on any eligibility requirements.


As specified in the licence.



Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.



Clearing Licence (Forestry) - Please consult the Contact Officer for information on forms to be submitted.

Administering agency

Forestry Corporation

Act(s) name

Forestry Act 2012 (New South Wales)

Regulation(s) name

Forestry Regulation 2012 (New South Wales)

Contact details

Enquiries, Head Office
Forestry Corporation

Operating address:
121-131 Oratava Ave
West Pennant Hills
New South Wales 1252
Mailing address:
PO BOX 100
Beecroft, New South Wales 2119


1300 655 687


02 9872 0111


02 9871 6941


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.