Subdivision Certificate - New South Wales

Service summary

You will require this certificate if you intend to subdivide a property.

Subdivision activities include:

  • The division of an existing lot into two or more lots; or
  • The consolidation of two or more existing lots that are then redivided, along new boundaries, into two or more lots; or
  • The dedication of an existing lot as a public road or as a public reserve; or
  • The setting aside of an existing lot as a drainage reserve.

Please consult the Contact Officer for further information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this approval you must be the owner of the land or any other person who has consent in writing from the owner of the land.

The application must be accompanied by the following documents:

  • A plan of the subdivision;
  • A copy of the relevant Development Consent or Complying Development Certificate;
  • A copy of the relevant Construction Certificate;
  • A copy of detailed subdivision engineering plans; and
  • A Certificate of Compliance from the relevant water supply authority.

Please consult directly with the Council for information on any eligibility requirements specific to your certificate.


As specified on the certificate.



Fees will vary depending on your circumstances. Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Administering agency

Mid-Western Regional Council

Act(s) name

Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 (New South Wales)

Regulation(s) name

Environmental Planning and Assessment Regulation 2000 (New South Wales)

Contact details

Enquiries Officer
Mid-Western Regional Council

Operating address:
86 Market Street
NSW 2850
Mailing address:
PO BOX 156
Mudgee, New South Wales 2850


1300 765 002


02 6378 2850


02 6378 2815


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.