Permit to Conduct or Participate in an Arms Fair - New South Wales

Service summary

You will require a permit if you intend to conduct or participate in an arms fair. An arms fair participant permit authorises the holder of an Ammunition Purchase and Sell Permit to participate in an arms fair.

There are two types of permits:

  • An arms fair permit authorises you to conduct an arms fair if you are a licensed firearms dealer or club official; and
  • An arms fair participants permit authorises you to participate in an approved arms fair conducted in NSW if you also hold a current firearms dealer's licence, firearms collector licence or an ammunition permit.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Eligibility criteria will vary depending on the type of permit you are applying for. Please refer to the attached documents for details.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.



As specified on the permit.





Applications must be lodged at least 21 days before the commencement of the arms fair.

Administering agency

Department of Justice
NSW Police Force
Firearms Registry

Act(s) name

Firearms Act 1996 (New South Wales)

Regulation(s) name

Firearms Regulation 2006 (New South Wales)

Contact details

Enquiries, Permits Unit
Department of Justice
NSW Police Force
Firearms Registry

Mailing address:
Locked Bag 1
New South Wales 2484


02 6670 8590


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.