Approval to Place a Skip Bin in a Public Place - New South Wales

Service summary

You will require this approval if you intend to place a skip bin in a public place.

A skip bin is a bulk rubbish container or other structure designed or used for holding a substantial quantity of rubbish and which is unlikely to be lifted without mechanical assistance. This does not include any container used in connection with the Council's regular domestic rubbish collections.

When considering an application to place skip bin in a public place, the Council will take into consideration the location, size and visibility of the skip bin.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

An application for placement of waste containers or skips on the footway section of any road must be accompanied by evidence of a current Public Liability Insurance policy of a minimum of $5 million.

Please consult directly with the Council for information on any further eligibility requirements specific to your approval.


As specified on the approval.



Fee per skip for one to three days.

Application$117.00Fee per skip for between four and seven days.
Application$160.00Fee per skip for more than seven days.

Administering agency

Ryde City Council

Act(s) name

Local Government Act 1993 (New South Wales)

Regulation(s) name

Local Government (General) Regulation 2005 (New South Wales)

Contact details

Customer Service Centre
Ryde City Council

Operating address:
1 Pope Street
Ryde, New South Wales 2112
Mailing address:
Locked Bag 2069
North Ryde
NSW 1670


02 9952 8222


02 9952 8070


Ryde City Council Opens in a new browser window


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.