Portable Long Service Leave - Employer Registration - Northern Territory

Service summary

Employers who employ construction workers that are registered for the portable long service leave scheme must be registered with NT Build.

The portable long service leave scheme enables registered workers in the construction industry to qualify for long service leave based on their service to the industry rather than service with the same employer.

The scheme covers workers performing repair, maintenance, extension and demolition work in commercial, domestic, industrial and civil construction.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Employers must register with NT Build within one month of commencing to employ registered construction workers and provide details every 6 months about the registered workers in their employ.
Employers must also maintain suitable records of employment of their registered workers.


Employers remain registered whilst they continue to employ registered employees.



Other resources

Administering agency

NT Build

Act(s) name

Construction Industry Long Service Leave & Benefits Act 2005 (Northern Territory)

Regulation(s) name

Construction Industry Long Service Leave & Benefits Regulations 2005 (Northern Territory)

Local law(s) name

Construction Industry Long Service Leave & Benefits Determination 2005

Contact details


Operating address:
Units 32-33
12 Charlton Court
Woolner NT 0820
Mailing address:
PO Box 36644
Winnellie NT 0821






http://www.ntbuild.com.au Opens in a new browser window


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.