The owners of items of plant must ensure that it is registered before it can be used in the workplace. Items of plant are specified in Schedule 5 Part 2 of the Work Health and Safety (Uniform National Legislation) Regulations:
- Pressure Equipment categorised as hazard level A, B or C according to criteria in AS 4343
- Pressure vessels categorised as hazard level A, B or C according to AS 4343, except: gas cylinders; LP Gas fuel vessels for automotive use; and serially produced vessels.
- Tower cranes including self-erecting tower cranes.
- Lifts, including escalators and moving walkways.
- Building maintenance units.
- Amusement devices covered by AS 3533, except devices specified in clause 4(2).
- Concrete placement units with delivery booms.
- Mobile cranes with a rated capacity of greater than 10 t.
- Vehicle hoists
- Mast climbing work platforms
- Boom-type elevating work platforms
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
- Date design was first commissioned
- Plant design number
Application for registration of item of plant - $71
Application for renewal of registration of item of plant - $81
Application for replacement registration document - $30
Application forms are to be lodged at a Territory Business Centre
Work Health and Safety (National Uniform Legislation) Act 2011 (Northern Territory)
Work Health and Safety (National Uniform Legislation) Regulations 2011 (Northern Territory)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon