1080 Pest Animal Management Authorisation including the Permit to Take Protected Wildlife (1080 PAMA and Permit) (For Wild Dog Control) - Northern Territory

Service summary

Landowners/Occupiers/Property Managers intending to conduct 1080 baiting for control of Wild Dogs on their property must have a '1080 Pest Animal Management Authorisation and Permit to Take Protected Wildlife (1080 PAMA and Permit) (for Wild Dog Control???etc)'. This is a combined Authorisation and Permit that has replaced both the ???1080 Pest Animal Management Authorisation' (formerly ???Approval to Purchase a 1080 Chemical Product and Conduct a 1080 Baiting Program Authorisation') and the ???Permit to Take Protected Wildlife for 1080 Pest Animal Control??? previously issued by the Parks and Wildlife Commission of the NT.

This approval does not authorise the holder to handle the 1080 baits unless he/she is also the holder of a ???1080 User Authorisation???.

This authorisation is not transferrable.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.


5 years.


$400 for 5 years

Administering agency

Department of Primary Industry and Resources

Act(s) name

Agricultural & Veterinary Chemicals (Control of Use) Act 2004 (Northern Territory)

Contact details

Chemical Advisor

Operating address:
CSR Building, Berrimah Farm
Makagon Road
Darwin NT 0800
Mailing address:
GPO Box 3000
Darwin NT 0801






http://www.chemicalservices.nt.gov.au Opens in a new browser window

Supporting information


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.