This certificate is required in order to operate as a Shotfirer including Agricultural blasting, Construction, Tunneling and underground mining, Quarrying/Open cut, Fireworks display or special effects.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
A person who:
- is over 18 years of age;
- is sufficiently fluent in English to be able to understand directions relating to the use of explosives;
- has a sound knowledge of the theory and practical storage, handling and use of explosives;
- has provided a Certificate of Competency and work history;
- is not suffering from any physical infirmity likely to interfere with the efficient and safe discharge of explosives
- provides a Criminal history finger print check if new
- provides a Criminal history name check if renewal or reciprocal
Application forms are to be lodged at a Territory Business Centre
Dangerous Goods Act 1998 (Northern Territory)
Dangerous Goods Regulations 1985 (Northern Territory)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon