Busker/street performer licence (Brisbane) - Queensland

Service summary

You will need this licence to busk in Brunswick, Chinatown and Queen Street Malls and Southbank Parklands. If you intend to busk outside these areas contact council for more information.  Permits are issued subject to conditions. Noise complaints will cause the permit to be revoked.

Types of business that commonly need this licence include musicians and jugglers.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.


This licence remains in effect for 3 months.


Contact council to determine applicable fees.


Prospective buskers should contact the relevant agency for the precinct they wish to busk in:

  • Brunswick and Chinatown Mall - City Malls Management
  • Queen Street Mall - City Malls Management
  • Southbank Parklands - contact the Southbank Busking Coordinator.

Auditions will be held and an application completed at that time if the prospective busker is successful.

Transfer details

You cannot transfer this licence.

Administering agency

Brisbane City Council

Local law(s) name

Brisbane City Council - Local Law 19 (Queen Street Mall)

Contact details

Southbank Busking Coordinator
Brisbane City Council


07 3867 2000

Brisbane City Council

Operating address:
Library & Customer Centre, 266 George Street
Queensland 4000
Mailing address:
GPO Box 1434
Queensland 4001


07 3403 8888


07 3403 9982

Supporting information


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.