Busking Permit (Gold Coast) - Queensland

Service summary

This permit is required to busk in selected areas within council malls.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Auditions are required to determine if the acts are of a reasonable standard.


You cannot transfer this permit.


As designated on approval by council.


Contact council to determine applicable fees.


You can obtain this permit by submitting a written application or an Application for a Permit to Busk to:

Cavill Mall:

Surfers Paradise Alliance Limited

PO Box 279 Surfers Paradise Qld 4217

Ph: (07) 5584 3700

Website: www.surfersparadise.com

Broadbeach Mall:

Broadbeach Alliance Ltd

Level 12 Niecon Tower, Victoria Avenue, Broadbeach Qld 4218

Ph; (07) 5539 8416

Website: www.broadbeachgc.com

Auditions are required.

Additional information

Types of applicants who commonly need this permit include musicians and jugglers. Council permits busking only in designated areas. Permits are issued subject to conditions. Noise complaints will cause the permit to be revoked.

Administering agency

City of Gold Coast

Local law(s) name

Gold Coast City Council - Local Law 11 (Roads and Malls) 2008

Gold Coast City Council - Subordinate Local Law 11.1 (Interference with a Road) Part 3 Sect. 47 2008

Contact details

City of Gold Coast

Operating address:
135 Bundall Road
Queensland 4217
Mailing address:
PO Box 5042
Gold Coast Mail Centre
Queensland 9729


07 5582 8211


1300 694 222


07 5596 3653

Supporting information


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.