Application for an Individually Droughted Property (IDP) Declaration - Queensland

Service summary

You can apply to the Queensland Government for an IDP declaration if you are a property owner, share-farmer or lessee and you do not live in a drought-declared area, yet you believe that your property is drought-stricken.

An IDP application will allow eligible properties to receive assistance under the Drought Relief Assistance Scheme and/or other government assistance.

Service type

Support Service

A service offered by government to aid in running a business.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for an IDP declaration, your property must first meet the rainfall criteria (i.e. a once in 10-15 year deficiency).  The other criteria depend on which type of producer you are (eg, livestock or agricultural, horticultural or sugar etc)


No fees apply.

Additional information

Complete the form and lodge it online.  The form will be electronically forwarded to the Climate Risk Coordinator in your region, who will assess the application, asking for input from other departmental officers and Local Drought Committe members as necessary.  Your property may then be inspected by Local Drought Committee members or departmental officer, who will make a recommendation to the Climate Risk Coordinator.

Administering agency

Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
Agriculture and Forestry
Land Management

Contact details

Land Management
Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
Agriculture and Forestry
Land Management


13 25 23


07 3404 6999

Supporting information


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.