You require this licence for the removal of friable asbestos.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
Definition of terms
Means the asbestiform varieties of mineral silicates belonging to the serpentine and amphibole groups of rock-forming minerals and includes:
grunerite (or amosite) asbestos (brown),
tremolite asbestos, &
a mixture that contains 1 or more of the minerals mentioned in paragraphs (a) to (f)
- Bonded asbestos containing material
bonded asbestos contains a bonding compound reinforced with asbestos fibres.
- Friable asbestos containing material
friable asbestos is unbonded asbestos containing material that, when dry, is or may become crumbled, pulverized or reduced to powder by hand pressure.
Only a person who conducts, or proposes to conduct a business or undertaking may apply for an asbestos removal licence by submitting the appropriate application form.
The authority will remain in effect for two years.
Licence applications can be downloaded from the Workplace Health and Safety Queensland website.
In order to be granted an A class licence an applicant must satisfy the regulator that they meet the approved criteria:
- Complete an application form
- The applicant must provide proof of holding:
- a business registration certificate - ABN
- Workcover insurance (if applicable), and public liability insurance cover
- evidence that the applicant has a certified safety management system in place.
- The names of one or more competent persons who have been engaged by the applicant to supervise the asbestos removal work to be authorised by the licence;
Evidence that each named supervisor is at least 18 years of age.
A copy of a certification issued to each named supervisor for the specified VET courses for the supervison of Asbestos removal work:
- CPCCDE3015A Removal friable asbestos, and
- CPCCBC4015A Supervise asbestos removal, OR
- If the specified courses are not available, evidence of holding a bonded asbestos removal certificate issued in QLD before 1 Jan 2012.
Evidence that each named supervisor has at least 3 years of relevant industry experience in asbestos removal.
This licence cannot be transferred.
Workplace Health and Safety Queensland
Work Health and Safety Act 2011 (Queensland)
Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011 (Queensland)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon