Crown Land Occupation Licence - South Australia

Service summary

Application can be made to use Crown Land for a variety of purposes. Generally licences are used to provide:

  • temporary occupation for a specific purpose;
  • arrangement for short term management of the site; and
  • transition to better tenure.

Land will only be allocated when local government zoning, native title, biodiversity, contamination and national competition policy issues have been dealt with.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.


Annual or as specified.


Market levels (minimum fees to be advised by Regional Offices).

Administering agency

Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources

Act(s) name

National Parks & Wildlife Act 1972 (South Australia)

Crown Land Management Act 2009 (South Australia)

Contact details

Team Leader

Other office contacts:

Port Augusta:
Position - Team Leader
Phone - 08 8648 5300
Fax - 08 8648 5301

Position - Team Leader
Phone - 08 8821 2588
Fax - 08 8821 2270

Position - Team Leader
Phone - 08 8595 2111
Fax - 08 8595 2110

Mount Gambier:
Position - Team Leader
Phone - 08 8735 1121
Fax - 08 8735 1135

Mailing address:
GPO Box 1047
Adelaide SA 5001





Website: Opens in a new browser window

Supporting information


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.