Approval to Discharge Trade Waste into Council's CWMS - South Australia

Service summary

All trade waste generators that discharge wastewater into Council???s Community Waste Water Management System (CWMS) will require a Trade Waste Permit, renewed annually, or at an appropriate period as determined by the authorised officer at a set fee.

Trade waste is any wastewater produced by a commercial or industrial activity of a non-domestic nature. This means any wastewater other than from toilets, kitchens, laundries and bathrooms within a residential dwelling.

Trade wastes may be discharged into the CWMS provided the wastewater quality complies with Council???s Local Acceptance Criteria. Charges will be incurred for trade waste discharges exceeding standard domestic quality and quantity in accordance with the Trade Waste Charging Procedure.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.




Pre-existing premises: $214.00
New premises: $326.00

Administering agency

District Council of Mount Barker

Act(s) name

Local Government Act 1999 (South Australia)

Public and Environmental Health Act 1987 (South Australia)

Contact details

Administration Officer

Operating address:
6 Dutton Road
Mount Barker SA 5251
Mailing address:
PO Box 54
Mount Barker SA 5251





Website: Opens in a new browser window

Supporting information


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.