Construction Industry Portable Long Service Leave Registration - South Australia

Service summary

All employees engaged predominantly on site (not off site work) in the construction industry are entitled to portable long service leave based on service to the industry rather than service to one employer.

Every employer engaged in the construction industry is required to register with the Board within one month of becoming an employer.

Construction industry work covers work on buildings or structures whether commercial, industrial or domestic, new or existing, and includes the installation, maintenance, servicing of or repairs to fixtures or works for use on any buildings or structures.

Working Directors and self-employed contractors have voluntary schemes; contact the Board for further information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.


Indefinite. Employers remain registered until they cease to employ defined workers.


Employers must pay a 2.25% levy every two months to the Construction Industry Fund.

Administering agency

Portable Long Service Leave

Act(s) name

Construction Industry Long Service Leave Act 1987 (South Australia)

Contact details

Client Liaison Officer

Operating address:
155 Fullarton Road
Rose Park SA 5067
Mailing address:
155 Fullarton Road
Rose Park SA 5067

Toll Free:






Website: Opens in a new browser window

Supporting information


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.