Regulated Water and Sewerage Connections - Tasmania

Service summary

You must seek approval from the Agency, if in the course of any building, developing, planning or plumbing work, you require a new or upgraded connection or removal of an existing connection to water and sewerage infrastructure administered by the Agency.

In many cases a separate Planning Permit (including a Submission to Planning Authority Notice (SPAN)) or Certificate of Certifiable Works (Building) and / or (Plumbing) must first be obtained indicating that a new connection or upgrade connection, or removal of an existing connection is required.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.



Fees will vary depending on your circumstances. Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.


Other resources



Applications may be posted, emailed or hand delivered.

Administering agency


Act(s) name

Water and Sewerage Industry Act 2008 (Tasmania)

Contact details

General Enquiries, Hobart Office

Operating address:
169 Main Road
Tasmania 7009
Mailing address:
GPO BOX 1393
Hobart, Tasmania 7001


13 69 92


03 6237 8378


1300 862 066

Supporting information


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.