Regulated Agency for Water and Sewerage Infrastructure Approval for Subdivision - Tasmania

Service summary

If you intend to undertake any land and/or property development, including subdivisions you may be required to obtain a number of approvals from the Agency at various stages of the project.

The Agency is the regulatory authority responsible for approving all relevant water and sewerage infrastructure related aspects of planning, building and plumbing applications in Tasmania. Some of the relevant approvals include:

  • engineering design approval
  • permit to construct infrastructure.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult with the Contact Officer for information on any eligibility requirements.


As specified.



Fees will vary depending on your circumstances. Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.


Apply Application for Development Services Opens in a new browser window

Application for TasWater Practical Completion Certificate - Please consult the Contact Officer for information on forms to be submitted.



Applications may be posted, emailed or hand delivered.

Administering agency


Act(s) name

Water and Sewerage Industry Act 2008 (Tasmania)

Contact details

General Enquiries, Hobart Office

Operating address:
169 Main Road
Tasmania 7009
Mailing address:
GPO BOX 1393
Hobart, Tasmania 7001


13 69 92


03 6237 8378


1300 862 066

Supporting information


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.