Property Representative Licence - Tasmania

Service summary

You will require this licence if you intend to work within the real estate industry under the employment of a real estate agent or property manager. This licence enables you to perform the following duties:

  • negotiate the lease or letting of a property
  • collecting rents for properties that are leased or let
  • managing properties that are leased or let
  • negotiating sales and purchases of properties and businesses with vendors and buyers
  • enter contracts for the acquisition or disposal of properties or businesses.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To apply you must have successfully completed the examination for property representative administered by the Property Agents Board.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.



12 months.





You must submit the following documents with your application:

  • evidence of educational attainment
  • copy of current photographic identification
  • copy of national police certificate.

Administering agency

Property Agents Board

Act(s) name

Property Agents and Land Transactions Act 2016 (Tasmania)

Regulation(s) name

Property Agents and Land Transactions Regulations 2017 (Tasmania)

Contact details

Property Agents Board

Operating address:
Level 2
15 Victoria Street
Hobart, Tasmania 7000


03 6281 3480


03 6181 3477


Property Agents Board Opens in a new browser window

Supporting information


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.