You will require this registration if you intend to design certain types of plant, or alter an existing registered plant design. Plant includes:
- Any machinery, equipment, appliance, container, implement or tool;
- Any component of any of those items; and
- Anything fitted or connected to any of those items.
You may not require this registration for plant designs already registered in another jurisdiction.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
To be eligible for this registration you must:
- Be either the person responsible for the design of the plant you intend to register, or the person who manages or controls that item of plant;
- Provide a signed statement affirming the compliance of the design with relevant safety standards, and specifying the published technical standards and engineering principles used in the design;
- Provide representational drawings of the design, and a design verification statement from an eligible design verifier;
- Complete the relevant application form; and
- Pay the required fee.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.
Per design registration.
Department of Justice
Work Health and Safety Act 2012 (Tasmania)
Work Health and Safety Regulations 2012 (Tasmania)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon