Small Producer's Permit - Tasmania

Service summary

You will require this permit if you are a Tasmanian craft or boutique alcohol producer and intend to sell your product at various events. Events may include:

  • farmers markets
  • community festivals
  • food festivals
  • agricultural shows.

A permit will cover events listed in the initial application. If you want to sell liquor at a new event, you must apply to the Commission for approval.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this permit, you must be:

  • 18 years or older
  • a fit and proper person
  • able to demonstrate that you can exercise effective control over the sale and any consumption of liquor on the premises to which the permit applies
  • able to meet the definition of a small producer.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


12 months.



Additional information

There are a number of requirements to be considered a small producer, including sales volumes, financial risk considerations and manufacturing stipulations.

Administering agency

Department of Treasury and Finance
Tasmanian Liquor and Gaming Commission

Act(s) name

Liquor Licensing Act 1990 (Tasmania)

Contact details

Enquiries, Liquor and Gaming Branch
Department of Treasury and Finance
Tasmanian Liquor and Gaming Commission

Operating address:
80 Elizabeth Street
Tasmania 7000
Mailing address:
GPO BOX 1374
Hobart, Tasmania 7001


03 6166 4040


03 6173 0218

Supporting information


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.