You will require this permit if you intend to conduct activities in a public place. Public places include reserves, parks, marine facilities, car parks or roads. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Amusement or entertainment for financial reward;
- Erecting cairns or memorials;
- Re-fueling a vessel at a marine facility;
- Assemblies, preaching or public speaking;
- Balls, and dances;
- Bands, concerts or other musical entertainment;
- Beg, solicit, induce or collect gifts, whether of money or other item, for any purpose;
- Climbing buildings, trees, shrubs or any other structures;
- Deposit refuse, waste or noxious waste;
- Driving, parking or leaving a vehicle, except on a constructed road set aside by Council;
- Dismantling, painting, washing or repairing a vehicle unless it is necessary in order to enable the vehicle to be removed from the road;
- Parking or leaving a vehicle for the purpose of offering the vehicle for sale;
- Leaving or abandoning a watercraft;
- Fairs and fetes;
- Functions, parties or receptions;
- Marking out a track or route;
- Games, pastimes and public entertainment;
- Landing or launching an aircraft in a recreation reserve;
- Consume, possess, sell or supply liquor;
- Dropping any article or thing from an aircraft onto a recreation reserve;
- Raffles or prize contests;
- Ride or lead a horse;
- Activities with animals;
- Using skates, bicycles, skateboards or similar;
- Collect wood or timber;
- Distribute advertising or promotional activities;
- Mark, write or deface Council property; or
- Organised sporting activities, contests, competition, practice or training.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
An application for this permit must be accompanied by:
- A statement specifying the type of activity proposed;
- A statement detailing the required period of the permit;
- A scaled drawing showing location and extent of the activity;
- Any other information the General Manager may reasonably require; and
- Payment of any applicable fee.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.
Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.
Application to Conduct Activities in a Public Place - Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.
Local Government Act 1993 (Tasmania)
Local law(s) name
Reserves, Parks and Gardens By-Law 2 2015
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon