Permit to Conduct Activities in a Mall - Tasmania

Service summary

You will require this permit if you intend to undertake any activity in a mall. This includes, but is not limited to:

  • Remaining in a mall when it is closed;
  • Erecting a stall, stand, structure, sign, banner or billboard;
  • Playing a musical instrument or any other instrument that produces a relay noise or other sound;
  • Use or operate any television, radio, tape recorder, compact disc player or noise-making instrument;
  • Organising, conducting or participating in an assembly, meeting, reception, party, or concert;
  • Engaging in preaching, public speaking, busking, selling raffle tickets or taking up a collection of money;
  • Participating in an organised sport, contest or game;
  • Possess, consume or sell liquor;
  • Buying, selling or giving away any product or service; or
  • Riding, driving or using a bicycle, tricycle, skateboard or in-line skates, or other vehicle.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

You will need to ensure that you meet any insurance requirements as specified by Council.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.

Administering agency

Contact the Local Council

Act(s) name

Local Government Act 1993 (Tasmania)

Contact details

Customer Service
Contact the Local Council


Find your council online Opens in a new browser window


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.