Itinerant / Occasional Trader Permit - Victoria

Service summary

You will require this permit if you intend to sell or offer to sell goods or services from temporary or various locations. This includes traditional itinerant / occasional activities such as undertaking door-to-door sales, selling goods or services from place to place, or selling goods or services from a vehicle.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult the responsible council for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


As specified on the permit.



Fees for 2016-17.

Licence$630.00Full year. Fees for 2016-17.
Licence$420.00Seasonal (6 months). Fees for 2016-17.
Licence$63.00Single day. Fees for 2016-17.
Licence$525.00Full year (trading Friday - Sunday only). Fees for 2016-17.



Application for an Itinerant / Occasional Trader Permit - Please consult the responsible council for specific information on fees to be submitted with your application.

Other resources



Please submit your application and any associated documentation directly to the Council.

Administering agency

Greater Shepparton City Council

Act(s) name

Local Government Act 1989 (Victoria)

Local law(s) name

Community Living Local Law 1 2008

Contact details

Local Laws and Environment
Greater Shepparton City Council

Operating address:
90 Welsford Street
Shepparton, Victoria 3630
Mailing address:
Shepparton, Victoria 3632


03 5832 9741


03 5831 1987


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.