You will require this licence if you operate a club and intend to supply alcohol.
A full club licence authorises you to supply alcohol on your premises to:
- members of your club for consumption on or off the premises
- guests of a member for consumption on the premises
- authorised gaming visitors for consumption on the premises.
This applies during ordinary trading hours, and during any additional times specified in your licence. It also authorises the supply of alcohol for consumption of the premises between 11:00PM 31 December and 1:00AM 1 January.
Ordinary trading hours are:
- 10:00AM to 11:00PM on a Sunday
- 12 noon and 11:00PM on Good Friday and ANZAC day
- any time on any other day.
Special procedures apply for two or more clubs that wish to amalgamate and apply for one club licence. Please consult the responsible agency for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) that may be required.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
To be eligible for this licence you must:
- be at least 18 years old (if applying as an individual)
- not be disqualified from holding a licence or BYO permit
- ensure that the rules of your club are compliant with Schedule 1 of the regulations
- complete the application kit
- provide any other information required by the Agency
- pay the application fee.
The Agency will decide whether your club licence should be full or restricted, taking into account a range of circumstances including your member numbers, staff numbers, turnover and days and hours of operation.
Please consult the Agency for further information and advice.
Any variation, relocation, transfer or surrender of a licence must be approved by the Agency.
Ongoing requirements include:
- maintaining a register of members and authorised gaming visitors register to be available for inspection at any time
- keeping of proper accounts and records of transactions and affairs of the club that are sufficient to explain the financial operations and position of the club
- compliance with the applicable planning scheme.
12 months or from date granted until end of that calendar year.
31 December each year.
Fees for 2016-17.
Please consult the responsible agency for information on fees to be submitted with your application.
Fees for 2016-17.
Fees for 2016-17.
Please submit your completed application together with all specified accompanying documentation referred to in the application kit directly with the Agency. Once an application is received, and relevant checks and inquiries completed, a decision will be made by the Director of Liquor Licensing to either grant or refuse the application.
In most cases the Director will impose conditions upon the licence. The time taken to process an application will vary according to individual circumstances.
Each year in December a renewal form will be mailed to the full club licence holder.
Department of Justice and Regulation
Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation
Liquor Control Reform Act 1998 (Victoria)
Liquor Control Reform Regulations 2009 (Victoria)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon