Permits under Interim Conservation Orders - Victoria

Service summary

You will require this licence if you are a landholder or water manager over an area subject to an Interim Conservation Order and you intend to interfere, change, develop, farm, or use in any significant way, the land or watercourse within that area that may be to the detriment of the nominated or listed taxa within it.

Interim Conservation Orders are issued to conserve the critical habitat of a certain taxon or community of flora or fauna within a designated land area or in water, whether under the control of private ownership or the Crown. Any intended use of the designated land or water within the two-year operational period of the Order requires a permit.

Please consult the responsible agency for more information regarding eligibility requirements.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this permit, you must make an application to the Agency showing the details of your proposed land or water use and its effect on the endangered flora or fauna. You must be willing to abide by any conditions and restrictions placed in the permit.

Ongoing requirements

It is an ongoing requirement of this approval that you abide by all industry legislation and codes of practice, and provide relevant records and information as required by the authority. You will need to notify the Agency within 14 days if any change occurs to the information you submitted to the Agency.


Two years.



Please consult with the Agency for information on fees to be submitted with your application.



Application for a Permit Under Interim Conservation Orders - Please contact the responsible agency for application forms and registration details.



Application forms, fees and all accompanying documentation must be lodged directly with the Agency for assessment.

Administering agency

Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
Plants and Animals

Act(s) name

Flora and Fauna Guarantee Act 1988 (Victoria)

Regulation(s) name

Flora and Fauna Guarantee Regulations 2011 (Victoria)

Contact details

Customer Service Officer
Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
Plants and Animals


13 61 86

Supporting information


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.